PARK CITY, UT – Raleigh America and Lifeboat Events announce today the creation of the country’s highest altitude and richest non-series cyclo-cross race to be run at DealerCamp 2012. Dubbed the Raleigh Midsummer Nights Cyclocross Race, the contest will commence at happy hour on July 24 during the opening day of DealerCamp. With a total purse of more than $25,000 on offer, including two “contract with Raleigh” prizes available for the top male and female elite finishers without a pro contract.
Run at Deer Valley Resort’s Snow Park Basin at 7,700 feet above the sea, the Raleigh Midsummer Nights Cyclocross Race course will charge through the middle of the DealerCamp expo providing twilight excitement to exhibitors and retailers alike.
“We are excited to work with DealerCamp on the 2nd annual Mid Summer Nights Cyclocross Race, and to give a rider a chance to secure sponsorship for the season. This event continues to show that cyclo-cross is an intense, fun and inclusive community, and doesn’t need to be confined exclusively to the fall season,” commented Chris Speyer, vice president at Raleigh America.
Races for Elite men and women, category 3&4 men and women, and a “Wheelers and Dealers” category for industry folk are on tap.
Visit: www.bikereg.com/Net/16542 to learn more and to register.
Top Elite Rider without contract will receive a “Contract with Raleigh” for the 2011/2012 US UCI Cyclocross Calendar. Offered to both Elite Men and Women. Approximate value of $10,950 to $14,950 (equipment & travel support).
Eligibility for Top Elite Rider without contract prize
- Must be eligible to ride UCI sanctioned Elite cyclocross races in 2012/2013.
- Must purchase a UCI International License to receive prize.
- Must be racing age 19 or over during the 2011/2012 cyclocross season.
- Cannot have a current contract with a UCI trade team for the 2011/2012 cyclocross season.
- Cannot have a current contract with title sponsor for the 2011/2012 cyclocross season.
- Must be able to attend all US Grand Prix of Cyclocross and Cross After Dark races in 2011.